Do you enjoy helping other nurses? Do you enjoy working with computers? Do you enjoy learning about emerging technology? Then perhaps nursing informatics is for you!
20-minute interview with a nurse who explains his job as a nursing informationist and how he decided this field.
October 27, 2018 (You Tube)
Source: You Tube, Nov 2015, Wendolyn McKoy
Ehealth-Healthcare practice which is supported by electronic processes and communication. This includes:
· Telehealth—Health related activities communicated through telecommunication
· Electronic Medical Records/Electronic Health Records-Medical records in digital formats
· Consumer Health-Health related activities which provide consumers with tools, skills and support to manage their health decisions.
· Software Systems implementation
· Software Systems development
· Staff Liaison
· Quality Initiative
· Strategic Planning
· Informatics Education
· Vendor Communication
· Nursing Education