What is RefWorks?
The simple definition is RefWorks is a citation manager. It will compile citations/references you find from multiple places and put them in one place. You can then create bibliographies as needed. It also enables reading, annotating, and collaborating on collections of full text documents in a seamless way.
Why use a citation/references manager?
Citation managers help researchers:
How RefWorks might help you:
1. Compile References list
2. Offers folders/collections for articles
3. Annotate articles
4. Share folders with others
5. Offers "in-text" formatting within paper
** PLEASE BE AWARE -- Sometimes IE doesn't work correctly with Refworks so you might need to use Firefox or Chrome. Mac users can use Safari or Chrome.
Steps to add the RefWorks to your computer:
Type in https://refworks.proquest.com/
Enter your AHU email.
Create a password.
Go to your AHU Email to click on activation link.
You might have to copy and paste URL in your browser.
Fill out form.
What you need to know about RefWorks:
1. How to export articles from databases and Google Scholar to your RefWorks account.
2. How to create a References page of your citations in RefWorks.
3. How to insert an “in-text” citation in your paper.
4. How to create a folder to organize articles.