Questions to ask yourself…
1. What is my assignment?
2. How many resources do I need? What types of resources?
3. What are keywords and subjects related to my research topic?
Where do I begin to find information for my research paper?
Step 1 : Find Books
2. Books on the Web
3. Local Public Library
Step 2 : Find Journals/Magazines
1. Library Databases help locate full-text journal and magazine articles.
2. Internet Resources
a. Google Scholar -- indexes scholarly journals and books
b. PubMed -- medical database by National Institutes of Health
Step 3 : Consider Organizations/Associations
Step 4 : Media
1. Videos from Library
2. Streaming video
Step 5 : Public Web Sites
1. Don’t forget to assess the site you use.
a. Is it credible? Who put the site together? Look for “About”.
b. Is it reliable?
c. Is it current? When was the site last updated?
2. Web site endings do make a difference. Just be aware.
· .edu - Education
· .gov -Government
· .com -Commercial
· . mil -Military