Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Library Database and Article Search Apps
AccessMedicine is a compendium of more than 150 medical titles, full length drug monographs, and self-assessment tools that provide wide coverage of medical information
The AccessMedicine app provides
- Quick Medical Diagnosis & Treatment
- Fitzpatrick’s Clinical Dermatology Atlas
- Guide to Diagnostic Tests
- Subscription Alert
To use the app, create an account in the AccessMedicine web interface
- In the upper right corner, you will see AdventHealth University
- Click on the downward arrow, and choose Sign in or Create a Free MyAccess Profile
- Then choose: Create a Free MyAccess Profile
- Fill in the information, creating an account
Open the app and log in with your new AccessMedicine username and password.
Download the app for free to access the full 3D model for your own exploration. Featuring 12 body systems, structure-specific features including innervation and arterial supply, and fully interactive muscle movement, plus a suite of powerful tools and an extensive library of anatomical content, you have everything you need to pass your exams.
Create reference material to share and collaborate with your classmates. Screens allow you to set up the model position with custom edits or to record a brief overview of an area, complete with voiceover, and share it to your study group. Or test your friends’ knowledge by creating a quiz.
The EBSCOhost app provides a mobile platform to search all of the library's Ebsco databases:
- Academic Search Premier
- ATLA Religion Database
- Business Source Complete
- Health & Psychosocial Instruments (HAPI)
- Humanities International Index
- Mental Measurements Yearbook
PubMed for Handhelds
The mobile app features multiple ways to search PubMed/MEDLINE: PICO (Patient, Intervention, Comparison, Outcome); askMEDLINE, a free-text, natural language search; and Consensus Abstracts.
UpToDate is a clinical decision support tool of evidence-based information on drugs, medical specialties, and treatment recommendations.
To use the app, you need a personal UpToDate account. Go to UpToDate and click Register in the upper right corner of the screen. Fill out the registration form and submit
In the app, login using the username and password you created on the website.
To keep the app active, you must log into UpToDate in a web browser using the link on this page or on the library website at least once every 90 days.
Ebook and Audiobook Apps
This app allows you to play the library's Ebsco audiobooks on your phone or tablet.
To get an Ebsco audio book on your mobile device:
- Download EBSCO Audiobooks App on your device (Android, iOS)
- Check Out the Audio Book – find through library catalog or the Ebsco platform – in a web browser
- Click on iPhone and Android Apps at bottom of EBSCO page (it sends an email)
- Open the email on your phone – for authentication
- Open EBSCO Audiobooks App
- Select Single Sign On (below the login form)
- In the dropdown menu, choose U.S. Higher Education
- When a new dropdown menu opens, select AdventHealth University
- Login with rour AHU username and password
Access on your mobile device to the Infobase eBook collection, consisting of titles covering a wide range of subject: history, religion, science, literature, geography, social issues, the arts, biographies, and more. Includes the Bloom's Literary Criticism collection.
The links to the app in the iTunes and Google Play are located at the bottom of the page.